Interior Design/Decorator Instructor
The Interior Design Group is a well-established interior design firm operating in Nanaimo, B.C. We have been in business for over 25 years. We are searching for an experienced Interior Designer who can train and help educate on-line members who join our Academy of Interior Design and Decorating.
The purpose of the instructor is to lead and contribute to the academic success of the on-line membership. The instructor would need to help create course content, answers questions, and mark submitted projects.
The interior design instructor will be responsible for:
- Help create content and courses for the on-line education portal
- Evaluate student performance fairly and consistently
- Contribute to the development of curriculum and instructional materials
- Monitor and mentor student members
To be successful in the instructor position, individuals must have the following education and experience and demonstrating the following:
Education and Experience
- Degree or diploma from a recognized University or College in a relevant discipline.
- Three or more year’s experience in a related field.
- A credential in adult education or in progress from an accredited post-secondary institution and or teaching experience is preferred
- Current membership/licence with relevant regulatory body
- Satisfy specific position qualifications as prescribed in program design and program approval for the instruction of the on-line courses.
Skills and Abilities
- Relevant industry skills and knowledge relating to the area of instruction, including ongoing professional development and continuous improvement.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, including presentation and group facilitation.
- Ability to motivate and inspire students.
- High standards of behaviour, a professional attitude and commitment to quality service.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other instructors and colleagues.
- Aptitude and confidence to write course material and contribute monthly to Question and Answer sessions.
- Be able to conduct on-line webinars with membership students.
- Be comfortable in front of the camera in order to document video vlogs and record on-line instructional material.
Salary will be based on existing credentials and the applicants overall experience.
Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Drapery and Window Covering Design Consultant
The Interior Design Group has an opportunity for an experienced, energetic and talented Drapery and Window Covering Design Consultant
The ideal candidate would have an entrepreneurial attitude with strong communication, organization and influence skills. Demonstrated passion for design including the ability to communicate with clients to assess what they want and need and then present ideas and design solutions in a compelling way.
A broad knowledge of current home decor and style along with effective sales techniques is required. We are looking for an individual that has proven success in custom drapery and window coverings, coupled with a strong sense of style, home decor and a passion for closing the deal.
The window covering design consultant is responsible for working with the design sales staff to provide custom drapery treatments and window merchandise including, blinds and hardware. You would oversea window fabrications, pricing, inventory and installations for the firm.
- Artistic and creative abilities in the area of home décor.
- Experience measuring blinds and drapery.
- Knowledge of window treatments product lines.
- Knowledge of design principles.
- Ability to visualize a finished project and convey the outcome to the client.
- Ability to provide exceptional design services within a client’s defined budget.
- Work with outside resources/workrooms delegating fabrics to subcontractors and overseeing the completion and schedule through installation in the customers home.
- Estimating the costs and selling price on all requested custom window treatments.
- Visiting customer’s home for check measures.
- Work with design staff to assist in the process and completion of window transactions
- Meeting with manufacturer representatives on a regular basis to review new products.
- Coordinating product training and introducing new styles and design trends to design staff
- Requires: Excellent people skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, superb math skills.
- Ability to estimate yardage for drapery, reupholstery and bedding.
- Ability to estimate drapery hardware.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel between client homes and office.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Must prosses strong sales skills including understanding and managing the sales process to after sale follow-up.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, use of Excel spreadsheets, Power Point and Outlook.
HOW TO APPLY
Sorry only eligible applicants will be contacted for an interview. We appreciate your time and consideration. Thank You.
The Interior Design Group.