JUNIOR, INTERMEDIATE OR SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER CAREER OPPORTUNITY (S)
The Interior Design Group is an established, award winning interior design firm which prides itself in excellence. We are looking for an experienced interior designer (s) to join and strengthen our team.
AT A MINIMUM, THE APPLICANT MUST POSSESS THE FOLLOWING SKILL SET:
- Min 5 years Multi-Family/Residential Interior Design experience for Intermediate level
- Experience running own projects within a design firm.
- Must have display suite & sales office/presentation center design experience
- Able to produce a complete set of construction documents & specifications suitable for permit, tendering & construction purposes.
- Strong computer skills (Windows XP, MS Office, Photoshop, Power Point and AutoCAD) a MUST.
- Professional, mature and confident attitude/image
- Knowledge of the construction process and building codes
- Prepare Proposals and Estimates
- Presentation skills which are engaging, upbeat and professional
- Ability to bring creative and relevant ideas to our team and projects
- Confident during on-site meetings with builders, trades and clients where decisions and giving direction will be required
- Driven with excellent work ethic and a team player who helps all co-workers
- Ability to sell ideas and products
- Extremely detail oriented with excellent time management
- Excellent file management skills and contract communication skills
- Understanding and knowledge of AutoCAD & Vector Works, with the ability to use the programs efficiently
- Willing to travel for various projects within Canada and Internationally
- Marketing skills to approach potential clients by phone, showroom walk- in’s or during trade shows and meetings
- Design Assistant to IDG’ s, Director of Interior Design and Principal
QUALIFICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
The ideal candidate would have a degree/diploma from an accredited design institution, be well organized, have excellent time management skills, be detail & multi-task oriented, hard-working, self motivated, have good communication skills, work well under pressure, be confident in making decisions, be energetic & passionate about design & with the ability to manage projects on their own.
DUTIES WOULD INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Managing all aspects of several + projects from start to finish, at one time. Projects are varied and at different stages of progression
• Produce furniture plans, reflected ceiling plans, millwork drawings, bathroom tile elevations, kitchen drawings, full elevations, as required… using Auto Cad. *Must follow current Building Code standards/requirements. Fully referenced from the specifications to the floor plans
• Design, document & prepare for tender, all required project drawings and finishing schedules. For all types of design projects
• Prepare “concept” sketches for Client presentation/review
• Conduct job site visits to ensure projects are being completed in accordance with the office’s schedules & specifications
• Source & procure resource material/concept imaging (for various projects such as, display suites, public common areas, private clients and developers and to provide specifications, in accordance with client guidelines) in various methods including tradeshows, internet or with sales reps. Produce presentations using Power Point and/or Photoshop for client approval
• Select & purchase furniture, artwork & accessories for projects…meeting the design budget & deadline
• Ability to design & complete window treatment & bedding work orders an asset
• Document & follow through on sub-trade work orders & purchase orders, etc…(ie: millwork shop drawings, window treatment work orders, supplier work orders)
• Undertake the creation of display suites — from start to finish- design concept, purchase orders, shopping, on-site merchandising & complete set-up.
• Attend Client presentations & meetings with Principal, as required
• Private Client Consultations & follow-up of entire project
Although many of the above responsibilities are planned for one person, these are often shared with the other designers/staff in the office a “team” environment is our company culture. Ideal candidate must be able to work independently or together with others in the office or on site.
Our team prides ourselves on excellent Client relationships, meeting our Client’s budget, deadlines and expectations focus on customer service, attention to detail & quality of work.
In collaboration with the senior staff, the Interior Designer applies engineering or architectural principles to the design of luxury custom home designs, Commercial and Health Care Project and their components or assemblies. Prepares creative designs or related drawings or details; uses designs to develop specifications or estimates of materials needed for a project. Will perform drafting duties.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
In collaboration with and support of the design firm team:
• Produces graphic sketches, designs, and copy layouts
• Layout principles and aesthetic design concepts
• Specification Writing
• Applies visual art styles to technical drawings
• Determines size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy
• Prepares drawing packages for clients
• Manages and organizes drawings including drawing inquiry, receiving, storing, updating status, printing, issuing, etc.
• Organizes and maintains sample library
• Attends meetings and building/design sites with CEO and clients
General Office Support
• At times will be required to be an initial point of contact for the business by answering and routing general phone inquiries; emails and faxes appropriately and in an effective and professional manner.
• Greets and directs all office visitors and helps to coordinate teleconferences, meetings etc. as needed.
• Provides general office support including courier of materials, receiving and sorting postal mail, photocopying and filing, ordering, receiving and organizing office supplies.
• Maintains the organization and professionalism of the office.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Post-secondary certification and/or diploma in Interior Design or Architectural technology is required with at least one or more years related work experience within single family homes preferred.
• Has practical experience and knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within home design and the local community.
• Drafting experience required.
• Familiar with local BC Building Bylaws and Codes pertaining to interior details
• High level of computer proficiency in Word, Excel, Sketch-up, Artistic Rendering, PowerPoint, and Outlook applications.
• Familiar with local sources and brands of interior finishes
• Ability to communicate effectively, confidently and professionally, both orally and in writing
• Ability to initiate and maintain high level relationships with staff, contractors, clients, and vendors
• Work cooperatively and effectively with others to resolve challenges, and make decisions that enhance business effectiveness
• Well organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task within a busy small boutique design firm
• Ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities
• Commitment to continuous learning and ability to make decisions within the scope of the position
• 37.5 hours/week full time employment position
• Working hours Monday to Friday between 9:00 – 5:00 pm in our office
• We offer a salary commensurate with experience
• Opportunity for future growth professionally
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with your cover letter and resume, in PDF format, by responding directly to this posting. Please ensure that your first and last name is included the PDF document description.
If you are the kind of person who can take direction, work in collaboration, is personable and professional, has a positive attitude, eager to learn and wants to make an impact, then we want to hear from you. Thank you in advance for your interest and application.
Sorry only eligible applicants will be contacted for an interview. We appreciate your time and consideration. Thank You.
The Interior Design Group.