The Interior Design Group has an opportunity for an experienced, energetic and talented Drapery and Window Covering Design Consultant
The ideal candidate would have an entrepreneurial attitude with strong communication, organization and influence skills. Demonstrated passion for design including the ability to communicate with clients to assess what they want and need and then present ideas and design solutions in a compelling way.
A broad knowledge of current home decor and style along with effective sales techniques is required. We are looking for an individual that has proven success in custom drapery and window coverings, coupled with a strong sense of style, home decor and a passion for closing the deal.
The window covering design consultant is responsible for working with the design sales staff to provide custom drapery treatments and window merchandise including, blinds and hardware. You would oversea window fabrications, pricing, inventory and installations for the firm.
- Artistic and creative abilities in the area of home décor.
- Experience measuring blinds and drapery.
- Knowledge of window treatments product lines.
- Knowledge of design principles.
- Ability to visualize a finished project and convey the outcome to the client.
- Ability to provide exceptional design services within a client’s defined budget.
- Work with outside resources/workrooms delegating fabrics to subcontractors and overseeing the completion and schedule through installation in the customers home.
- Estimating the costs and selling price on all requested custom window treatments.
- Visiting customer’s home for check measures.
- Work with design staff to assist in the process and completion of window transactions
- Meeting with manufacturer representatives on a regular basis to review new products.
- Coordinating product training and introducing new styles and design trends to design staff
- Requires: Excellent people skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, superb math skills.
- Ability to estimate yardage for drapery, reupholstery and bedding.
- Ability to estimate drapery hardware.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel between client homes and office.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Must prosses strong sales skills including understanding and managing the sales process to after sale follow-up.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, use of Excel spreadsheets, Power Point and Outlook.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with cover letter stating you previous experience and CV/portfolio via email to: email@example.com
Sorry only eligible applicants will be contacted for an interview. We appreciate your time and consideration. Thank You.
The Interior Design Group.