The Interior Design Group is a well-established interior design firm operating in Nanaimo, B.C. We have been in business for over 25 years. We are searching for an experienced Interior Designer who can train and help educate on-line members who join our Academy of Interior Design and Decorating.
The purpose of the instructor is to lead and contribute to the academic success of the on-line membership. The instructor would need to help create course content, answers questions, and mark submitted projects.
The interior design instructor will be responsible for:
- Help create content and courses for the on-line education portal
- Evaluate student performance fairly and consistently
- Contribute to the development of curriculum and instructional materials
- Monitor and mentor student members
To be successful in the instructor position, individuals must have the following education and experience and demonstrating the following:
Education and Experience
- Degree or diploma from a recognized University or College in a relevant discipline.
- Three or more year’s experience in a related field.
- A credential in adult education or in progress from an accredited post-secondary institution and or teaching experience is preferred
- Current membership/licence with relevant regulatory body
- Satisfy specific position qualifications as prescribed in program design and program approval for the instruction of the on-line courses.
Skills and Abilities
- Relevant industry skills and knowledge relating to the area of instruction, including ongoing professional development and continuous improvement.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, including presentation and group facilitation.
- Ability to motivate and inspire students.
- High standards of behaviour, a professional attitude and commitment to quality service.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other instructors and colleagues.
- Aptitude and confidence to write course material and contribute monthly to Question and Answer sessions.
- Be able to conduct on-line webinars with membership students.
- Be comfortable in front of the camera in order to document video vlogs and record on-line instructional material.
Salary will be based on existing credentials and the applicants overall experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with cover letter stating you previous experience and CV/portfolio via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry only eligible applicants will be contacted for an interview. We appreciate your time and consideration. Thank You.
The Interior Design Group.