The Interior Design Group and Company ( IDG) has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Interior Designer and Manager to join our growing firm and talented team.
Based in Nanaimo, BC, The Interior Design Group is an award-winning interior design firm with 30 years experience.
Great design happens when people are inspired, encouraged, and allowed to explore, create and learn without being micro managed. At IDG we take great pride that we have created an environment that promotes the sharing and development of ideas, the feeling of community, the ability to enjoy the people we work with and the knowledge that our detailed and precise design work makes a difference to our clientele.
- Take ownership of projects, working both in teams and independently
- Exercise good judgment and decision-making
- Coordination and communication with all members of the project team including client, contractor, trades, suppliers, and consultants (electrical, mechanical etc.)
- Design development, programming, and space planning
- Contract documentation, project documents and schedules
- Selection and specification of furnishings suitable for the space
- Attending site for progress and deficiency reviews
- Managing the project team with excellent organization and people skills
- Managing team meetings and project reports prepared for design firm president
- Oversee projects and direct design associates on the next steps in a project
- Oversee budgets and billings and direct IDG accounting department accordingly
- English speaking and English writing fluently, required
Who you are:
- A self-starter who thrives from being given space to explore the design process and manage design team
- Believe that design is a collaboration between client and designer, working towards the best solution for the end user
- A team player, sharing ideas and solutions, supporting and encouraging your colleagues
- An individual who has built great relationships with suppliers, contractors and consultants
- Someone who doesn’t get lost in the details but rather keep your eye on the big picture, completing your project both on schedule and on budget
- A multi-tasker who balances multiple projects with ease
- An expert presenter who can design and deliver a persuasive presentation, both visually & verbally
- A visionary with an exceptional eye for detail and thinks 10 steps ahead
- A building code expert, knowing local and provincial building codes and or knows where to find the information, at all times
- Skills (Required):
- Degree or diploma in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited school
- 5+ years experience with a range of residential and commercial interior design, with an emphasis on high end design
- Proficiency working with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Skills (Asset):
- Completed the BC building code course
- LEED accreditation
- Experience with SketchUp, Revit, Microsoft Project & Powerpoint, or Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) would be an asset.
- Completed NCIDQ
- Business Management degree or experience running a busy design firm
What we offer:
- Base salary plus performance bonuses
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Will pay for NCIDQ and IDIBC dues for Professional Members
- Education fund for career development
- Staff dinners where we mingle and share design inspirations over dinner
- Pre arranged project status meetings with breakfast or lunch provided
- Lunch and Learns
- Career development and growth program
- Annual staff appreciation day (spa and dinner)
- Additional time off between Christmas and New Years
- Flexibility with vacation time requests, as requested
- Award events
If you’re interested in being a part of IDG and our design team please send us your resume highlighting why you would be a great fit for our firm .
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with cover letter stating you previous experience and CV/portfolio via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry only eligible applicants will be contacted for an interview. We appreciate your time and consideration. Thank You.
The Interior Design Group.